Tuesday, August 6

Week Forty


Week forty's creation is finally here. I am back from my amazing holiday in Portugal, which I was very kindly invited on by my boyfriends family and it was so lovely to relax by the pool and on the beach for a week. Although I struggle to sit still and not the greatest reader I had such a great time eating lovely food and drinking wine. Wish I was still there! 

Home now and back to business. I now have a few creations to catch up on so its going to be an intensive week. I can start you off though with week 41's creation which was finished before I went away. I wanted to make a really nice, casual dress to wear in the evening on holiday. I chose to use The Elisalex dress pattern from By Hand London for the bodice and a very simple gathered technique for the skirt. 

The fabrics I chose are lightweight cottons. Great for a warm evening I thought. Very comfy and easy to wear. To make the dress evening more fun I adjusted the bodice pattern slightly to add a backless style. It was quite easy to do although looking back I should have adjusted the bust size and made the bodice smaller. It's a little too big and so doesn't fit perfectly however still definitely wearable and I wore it one evening to a really lovely tapas restaurant. 

Very pleased with this creation and excited to give the backless look another go especially now I know where I went wrong and what I need to do next time. So stay tuned!!! happy sewing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment