Wednesday, August 14

Week Forty Three


Here we are at week forty three and I was quite excited by this creation because I got to use my new sewing book you can see below. Its the Stylish Dress Book by Yoshiko Tsukiori. I had seen this book a few times in a few fabric stores and on Amazon while browsing. Eventually I thought I must have it and bought it through amazon for, I believe about £15. A bargain I thought as it holds pattern pieces for 26 different garments. Very exciting stuff. 



I wanted to begin with a fairly easy project so I could get to grips with tracing the pattern pieces and following a new style of instructions. Every project in this book is very simple to follow and this particular one was probably the most easy to follow garment I have made yet. This books has definitely not let me down. Go get one!

The project I chose was the ruffled bolero. As you can see I didn't go with a ruffled fabric instead I chose these beautiful stripes. I could't resist buying quite a bit of this fabric quite a while back now and have used it in three garments so far. I love it. 




Oooooo hello - reversible!! Yes indeed I  made the bolero reversible and of course with contrasting fabrics. This very sweet blue, flowery fabric I thought would be a great mix with the stripes. On the flowery side I added some little pockets, discovering they are a great size for holding a lip balm, perfect!!




One stylish dress book project down and I feel there are many more to come so stay tuned! I hope you like the bolero. I am super happy with how it turned out. Give it a go! Happy stitching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment