Week thirty four turned out to be a little more testing than I had hoped for. The pattern I chose to use was a McCalls M6439 which is an easy skirt pattern with four different options. It's a really fun pattern and is actually quite easy but I think I must be out of practice or something. A week and a bit away from the sewing machine threw me. However I have completed a skirt and it aint too bad. I used some left over fabric I had in my fabric box and chose a fun mix of grey and a green and pink diamond pattern for the side panel and pockets. The pattern has these really fun kind of drop pockets, which I thought would be perfect to highlight with a different fabric.
Here you can see the different fabric quite well and how the pleats form the pockets. I think it would have been fun to use a totally different, contrasting fabric for the panel and the pocket. I already have ideas for next weeks creation with this concept.
The problems I had this week, as you can see was with the waistband. I stepped away from the pattern a little too much and had too much fabric so it doesn't sit quite right. Also it's far too big for my waist. I really need to work on fitting properly. Other than the waistband I am quite pleased. Especially when I have had the pattern for months and months now and excited to finally use it. As I said I think it will be used again for my next creation. Possible mixed with a bodice pattern to make a dress. Hmm we will see. Until next time...!