Tuesday, November 13

Week Four

I really wasn't sure what to make this week. I definitely wanted to make some jewellery, a bracelet perhaps or a broach. In the end I decided a collar would be great because I hace so many little pieces of material that can be used up on smaller projects. Plus I love to sew. I started the week with a little browse on the internet for some ideas and this is what I found.
Here are a couple of designs that stood out. I really like the stud detail on the first one and similarly the skull detail on the second. I like the simplicity made a little more exciting with the embellishments.
This is a collar I made a few months ago. I really like it but don't wear it much and I really think its because the fabric, lovely as it is, it's just a little too fancy and therefore I can never find many things to wear with it. So for this collar project I really wanna use a fabric that is going to be fun but subtle enough to match with many different outfits.
A couple of fabric choices. The navy spots is the fabric I used last week on the skirt, shock I know but I think its just the right amount of pattern without being too fussy. The green was a lining possibility but because I want to keep the collar simple, I dont think it needs another colour.
Simplicity 1727 A from John Lewis
As you saw above I have made collars before and they are quite easy to put together and work out a pattern. However I came across this pretty awesome pattern for 8 different shape collars. Having all the patterns already drawn for me is gonna make it a lot quicker and easier to play with different styles. A short cut perhaps but there is no harm in that is there.
And here is the final collar. Super happy with how it turned out and pleased I could finally use the skull studs I got in week one. I hope you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment