Tuesday, October 1

Week Forty Nine - The show stopper


Number four on the final countdown and I have gone for a show stopper. I really wanted to make a truly fabulous dress and I know this will be different for everyone and for me, as soon as I saw this dress pattern from Named Clothing I loved it so much I had to make it. 
Named Clothing are a new pattern company from Finland founded by sisters Saara and Laura Huhta. There style and patterns are super sleek and cool! I don't often see a pattern and want to copy it completely. I like to look for alterations or a way to create a totally different feel to make it unique and my own. However when I saw this pattern I wanted the exact same dress as the model is wearing in the picture. 

The pattern is very simple and therefore I feel quite a good one for altering and adapting. Hopefully many different styles can come from it. Once purchased the patterns are emailed over for home printing, which is great because you can print it as many times as you need. You then have to trace over your size. I feel this is quite a bit of work to do for the prices, however I was totally sucked in by this brands style that I went with it. 

The fabric I used was a really soft black knit at a fabulous price of £3.5 pm! bargain! 





The definite selling point of the dress is the back. I love backless dresses! When you don't have a lot of cleavage like myself, it's quite nice sometimes to show off a little skin somewhere else. I almost think this pattern could plunge a little lower! hmm we will see! Or maybe could be replaced with lace! All for next time. Stay tuned for the second Named Clothing pattern I purchased, which will feature in a few weeks for my final creation. Happy stitching everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Very dramatic! I love that style, Ithink I'm sewing to check out this pattern label.

    ReplyDelete