Sunday, March 23




Hello Everyone. I hope the stitching world is happy today! My world is happy today and so great that I finally got some time to show you all what I have been up to. I guess firstly I need to explain my absence and why I have been away from the blog world. 

I was so pleased and proud of myself for completing a whole year of 52 creations and felt like a second year was the right thing to do. Well, while on that second journey things just didn't feel right. I felt like I was maybe (as I liked to put it) 'churning things out!' that were not really inspiring to me or really anything I would want to wear after I made it. I felt like they were being made because of the blog tasks and not because I wanted to make them. Sooooo, after a lot of deliberation I came to the decision to stop. And ofcourse that meant the weekly deadline and not the sewing, naturally. With this change I knew I wanted to definitely still show my creations to the world so when I feel the time is right I will unleash my recent creations to you all. 

Sew here is what I have been up to! Enjoy and happy stitching!!!














4 comments:

  1. I love your blog, I'm really inspired to start dressmaking! Where do you get your fabrics from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, thank you. I am glad you like my blog. I am glad I have got back into the swing of things. I get my fabric from all around. I live in north london so mostly go to a craft shop on Stoke Newington high street. This is great for buying wool also. I also get some fabric from Hackney or John Lewis if I am on Oxford street and get inspired by the high street shops but can't bring myself to pay for anything. Most of the really fun fabrics I buy, like the plant pots and the comic strip I got from a mill shop in North Yorkshire where I am from. There are some awesome places up there to go. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya, I've nominated tagged you for a Liebster Award http://thegirlwhomakesthings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/lets-hear-it-for-liebsters.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love them all! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete